The BSW (Community Leadership) Course is a three year degree course offered by Mahatma Gandhi Chitrakoot Gramodya Vishwavidayalya. The course was initiated on occasion of Silver Jubilee Foundation Day (Feb. 12, 2015) of the University. Primarily University took up the conduction of BSW programme with training of Mentors.
Objectives : The course has been carefully planned keeping in view...
- The manpower needs of the development sector.
- Ability to find suitable job placements in various schemes and programmes of development sector like Livelihood, Agriculture, Health, Nutrition and Child development, Panchayat and Social protection, Education and Water & Sanitation.
- Besides above they can also start their own NGOs or find employability in already established NGOs.
Salient Features : Compared with many other degree courses this course is a
- Unique and innovative course.
- Government sponsor course.
- Developing strong leadership, communication, and legal literacy skills in the students so that they can become not only agents of social change but also ensure effective implementation of the various schemes of development.
- Student can study at his/her own chosen town and not required to attend regular classes.
- Indigenously prepared self-instructional print materials will be provided.
- Each student will have the opportunity of learning through working in the field situation under an experienced and qualified mentor.
- Regular contact classes as well as written assignments are important features of the programme.
- Availability of counselors whenever students need any clarification or need more information on a subject.
- Ample job opportunities after completion of the course in Development Sector.